Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS G750 Laptop turns off immediately after turning on

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AngelsAdvent77

AngelsAdvent77

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:37 AM

I have an ASUS G750 laptop that suddenly stopped working last night. It has stopped working in the sense that every time I turn it on, it instantly shuts off within a few seconds. Sometimes it gets to the ASUS logo & sometimes it doesn't. 

These are some of the other things I noticed: 

1) About a week ago, I noticed that whenever I unplugged the laptop, it would instantly shut off. However, I usually always use it plugged in, so I didn't think more about that. 

2) Right now, when the laptop is plugged in, NONE of the indicator lights on the keyboard light up. If I remember correctly, a few of them are usually on even when the laptop is off (but plugged in). 

3. I thought it might have been an overheating issue, but this couldn't be since I just woke up today with the same problem after leaving the laptop off all of last night. 

4. If I were to take the batteries out completely and then hook the laptop to the AC directly, it doesn't even turn on at all. If the laptop is not plugged in at all & using just the battery, then it has the regular problem of turning off immediately when turned on.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bc0306

bc0306

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:50 PM

It could the laptops internal psu also, battery may be shorting out causing great damage to the laptops motherboard, other thing may be your charger, ok

why not try using a different charger or/and battery?

Also if the battery has shorted, then your motherboard or cpu or anything could be fried preventing it from powering on

Edited by bc0306, 03 June 2016 - 02:51 PM.

Don't even think about it if your not sure

#3 AngelsAdvent77

AngelsAdvent77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:27 PM

I just got a multi-meter earlier today. I tested the AC/DC Adapter of the laptop and it did NOT give any readings when plugged in. I used the multi-meter to test 2 other laptops in the house and they both gave readings. I even tested a laptop fan and that gave a reading too! 

I checked the AC/DC Adapter and found that one part of the wire (the part that comes out from the AC/DC Adapter block part and towards the CPU) is exposed and frayed. I initially thought the problem was due to a bad battery, but if the adapter doesn't work then it wouldn't be able to charge the battery anyways.

I'll have to wait till tomorrow to get an adapter replacement. Hopefully that is the only thing needed to fix the problem.

#4 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 766 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:38 AM

Once the battery is exhausted, that's what happens; the laptop won't stay on when the ac adapter is bad.....

But; that's one heck of an adapter so watch out! (180 watts is very uncommon)

$50 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Delta-for-Asus-G70G-G70S-G70SG-G750JM-180W-AC-Power-Adapter-ADP-180HB-/141642197239?hash=item20fa8868f7:g:TaYAAOSwY3RXJXr8

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users