Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU Usage Stays at 100 percent.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dave24

Dave24

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:00 AM

I use windows 7. My CPU usage stays at 100 percent. For example when I am using Google Chrome it goes up to 100 percent.

I have already used many programs such as tdss killer, ccleaner, malwarebytes, adware cleaner, malwarebytes anti-rootkit

but none of them detected any malware although ccleaner did remove a lot of temporary files.

Please help.

Edited by Dave24, 03 June 2016 - 03:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:40 AM

What steps have you taken to identify the Process that is consuming this high CPU ?

Try opening task manager / processes / all user processes / Click the CPU Tab at top to bring culprits to the Top and observe which ?

It also maybe Windows Updates trying to update , if so there are various Threads on that issue also.

Post back outcomes:

#3 Dave24

Dave24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:56 AM

When the computer is idle it fluctuates between 10-20%. The main process during this time is system idle.

When I use an application such as chrome it immediately goes up to 100 percent and slows down the computer. The main process this time is Chrome ,taskhost.exe, system idle.

I have windows update disabled.

Edited by Dave24, 03 June 2016 - 06:03 AM.

#4 Willy22

Willy22

• Members
  • 945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:31 AM

- (Temporarily) Remove all Chrome additions/plug-ins.

- There could be a corruption of files. Run the command "SFC /scannow" in the MSDOS windows (with admin rights).

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/groovytip/what-is-taskhost-exe-and-should-it-be-running/

#5 Dave24

Dave24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:24 PM

- (Temporarily) Remove all Chrome additions/plug-ins.

- There could be a corruption of files. Run the command "SFC /scannow" in the MSDOS windows (with admin rights).

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/groovytip/what-is-taskhost-exe-and-should-it-be-running/

I disabled all plug-ins but it made no real difference.

I ran the scan through ms dos but it said 'windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations'.

#6 Dave24

Dave24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:34 AM

What steps have you taken to identify the Process that is consuming this high CPU ?

Try opening task manager / processes / all user processes / Click the CPU Tab at top to bring culprits to the Top and observe which ?

It also maybe Windows Updates trying to update , if so there are various Threads on that issue also.

Post back outcomes:

(forgot to quote you)

When the computer is idle it fluctuates between 10-20%. The main process during this time is system idle.

When I use an application such as chrome it immediately goes up to 100 percent and slows down the computer. The main process this time is Chrome ,taskhost.exe, system idle.

I have windows update disabled.

#7 Willy22

Willy22

• Members
  • 945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:26 AM

- What software did you install recently ?

- Re-boot in Safe Mode. What is CPU now ?

- Do a "Clean Boot". What happens now to CPU ?

http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-7/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users