Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows Explorer Out of Whack

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 abrogard

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:39 PM

I have a drive here which Windows Explorer has a picture of that doesn't agree with the picture cmd gives.

Had trouble copying a folder for moving and finished up finding out the folder is apparently empty.  All this fussing in Win Explorer.

So I got to delete it and it won't delete.

It commences the delete process and then tells me access is denied.

Took a look from CMD and it doesn't appear in the listing. 

So it looks to me like winexplorer is out of whack and needs to reconstruct its tables of files and directories. 

How do I make that happen?

Perhaps I should mention that on the way to this stage windows told me at one time that the recycle bin for that drive was invalid (or some such term) and asked me if I wanted it fixed, which I said I did.  So there's another indication of the explorer thing being out of whack.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users