Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to get higher refresh rate (Hz) for Samsung Ultrawide 34" Monitor (S34E790C)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MiuKing

MiuKing

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:58 PM

Hi (new to the forum here)

I just recently bought a Samsung Ultra-wide monitor 34" (S34E790C) and I'm only getting 30hz refresh rate with my computer (Asus G74sx Laptop) using the HDMI cord they provided in the box. Everything is choppy/laggy (ie. Opening/closing windows, typing and moving the mouse). I didn't know HDMI only supports 30hz on this monitor. It also has a display port, but I'm not sure if my graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560) can support it. My computer only has VGA and HDMI outputs. How can I increase the refresh rate or is there a limiting factor with the graphics card?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:07 PM

Samsung's specs are silent on the subject of the refresh rate but as a computer monitor on sale in the Americas - judging from your time stamp - I would expect it to support a refresh rate of 60 Hz since that is your mains electricity frequency. However, its resolution is 3440 x 1440 pixcels which is a fair amount.

You need to go into control panel, display and see if this resolution is selected. If your video card can support this resolution it should be the selected resolution. If 3440 x 1440 isn't selected see if you can select it. If your video card cannot reach this level you need a better video card.

HDMI can certainly support a 60Hz refresh rate unless the cable is faulty. Try a different cable - borrow one if you don't have a spare lying around. They are fairly expensive bits of wire to buy if you don't really need one !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users