Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help getting Windows Update to Work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:57 PM

I could sure use some help with my friends computer.  When I first got the computer I cleaned 18 trojan viruses off of the computer and haMicrosoft d a problem saying the keycode was wrong.  That was also a hoax. 

It finally became so unstable trying to clean it that I used the HP Recovery Module.  I backed up all the data and then restored the laptop.  It is running extremely well except for the fact that i can't get Windows Update to run.

I have tried:  using msconfig,  

Microsoft Mr. Fixit for Windows Update

Ran a SFC /scannow (showed no errors)

I ure could use some ideas so I can get this laptop working.  I have looked all over the internet and tried several suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 414 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:10 PM

Here's a BleepingComputer posting worthy of a read......

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/608538/windows-7-clean-install/

Keep in mind that what works well for one may not for another. But I have used the procedures outlined above with very good success. Others here may post other remedies to try.

Keep us posted!

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users