Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can You Diagnosis This Problem?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 oriolefan22

oriolefan22

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:24 PM

Hello. I think my problem is malware related, but I'm really not good with this stuff and it might be a virus. Please forgive me if I've posted in the wrong area. Ok, here it is:

-I run Windows 7 on my laptop.

- I run Norton Security Suite as my protection.

- Every time I run the File Cleanup function on Norton, there are several hundred files cleaned after visiting only 1 or 2 webpages. If I don't run the file cleanup for a while, Norton will find 3k-4k files, sometimes with hundreds of MB. This happens only when I use Windows 7 as my browser. I can tell when files are being loaded onto my computer because the fans will kick in and get loud all of a sudden.

- Lately my computer has begun a weird freezing issue on Windows 7: I click a webpage, all pages minimize, the computer goes to the desktop view, and there's an hourglass on the screen. I can't do anything for about 2 minutes while the hourglass is up, then my webpage comes back on.

- Does anyone know what my problems are? How to fix? Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,194 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:43 PM

1 - stop using the file cleanup from norton, use it as Anti Virus only,

2 - if you want to clean up your system use CCleaner, but dont use the registry cleaner feature

3 - download and run ADWCleaner

4 - download and run Malwarebytes Antimalware

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,478 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:05 PM

"...3 - download and run ADWCleaner..."

When the results board pops up, do not allow it to remove everything it allegedly found.  Some stuff belonging to the browser should be left alone.  Tell you what, before running adwcleaner, temporarily disable all plugins, extensions, addons in your browser [ms Internet Explorer - that's what you indicated in your opening thread], restart browser a couple of times -- note if the performance has improved or not improved.  If nothing's improved,  report back.

Edited by RolandJS, 02 June 2016 - 05:05 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users