Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Smooth internet video playback requirements?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 deronmoped

deronmoped

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:35 PM

Anyone know the process which video playback off the internet goes through to get to your screen?

Is there more then one way to achieve video playback? Such as the video card handling the whole process?

What is consider to be minimum requirements for the speed of your hardware for smooth video playback off the internet? That is, with nothing else running.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:44 PM

Most sites use adobe, some use html player etc.... Are you having issues? It depends on a variation of many things like internet speed whats running in the back round etc....

#3 deronmoped

deronmoped
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:48 PM

So, are you saying, that I need a specific player or software installed for each site to play the video at it's optimum? Is there a all-in-one solution? And how do I know what I need, does the site I'm at list requirements?

#4 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:51 PM

So, are you saying, that I need a specific player or software installed for each site to play the video at it's optimum?

No, you can start by tuning up your machine a bit, then update all programs with patch my pc...

Ccleaner To disable Useless Startups.

Go ahead and install ccleaner Now that you have the program installed go ahead and run the cleaner function.

CCleaner - Free Download - Piriform
kwLN4uv.png

Now that you have cleaned out some temp files, lets go ahead and disable all of the items starting up with your machine except your antivirus. To do this you will need to click on tools then start up then under the Windows Tab select each item then disable. Also under the scheduled task tab, you are safe to disable all task. Only disable items under the windows tab and scheduled task tab!

GjWwvEu.png

Now that you have disabled those un-needed start ups lets go into the settings, we will have Ccleaner run when your machine boots, so that you will never have to worry about cleaning temp files again.

To do this:

• Hit options.
  • Settings.
  • Place a tick to run Ccleaner when the computer starts.

Lxioao1.png

Now go to the advanced tab, and select close program after cleaning, now run the cleaner again this will close Ccleaner.

SnqZ2JW.png

Reboot the machine after.

#5 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,739 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:17 PM

There are a dozen different things that affect any machines performance.  The number of running processes, whether there are any patches needed for video drivers,  stereo or 5.1 audio, screen resolution, display element response times and the NIC card. That's just the PC, modems, (cable, DSL or dish) and routers (CAT5 or WIFI) determine downlink speeds of the stream coming to the PC.

#6 deronmoped

deronmoped
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:19 PM

There are a dozen different things that affect any machines performance.  The number of running processes, whether there are any patches needed for video drivers,  stereo or 5.1 audio, screen resolution, display element response times and the NIC card. That's just the PC, modems, (cable, DSL or dish) and routers (CAT5 or WIFI) determine downlink speeds of the stream coming to the PC.

Yes, I have been though eleven dozen. I looked far and wide on the internet, yet, I have not found a definitive breakdown of how and why a internet video performs.

The obvious ones are:

1) The speed at which it gets to your computer. That is determined by the speed your paying for and getting, the site(s) that is relaying the content and the content provider itself.

2) The video card and software controlling it.

All the in between stuff is what I'm not sure about. CPU, RAM, HD, MB, OS and software that is needed

Edited by hamluis, 02 June 2016 - 07:03 PM.
Fixed post - Hamluis.

#7 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,739 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:05 AM

I have seen some low end desktops that could handle 1920 by 1080, HDMI output, 500GB hard drive, 4 GB memory and do Netflix and xfinity  with no trouble.  I have found that 3 MBS downlink is not fast enough and 5 MBS just makes it.  That's an Intel i3 and onboard audio (5.1) and 1920 X 1080 video onboard.  $350. from Lenovo.  They have a matching laptop but it doesn't have the same resolution,  max at 1440 X 900 and no HDMI output but has a 17 inch display.  Same price.  Many units like that will come with the latest flavor WIN ?  in a bundle.

#8 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:23 PM

Disable IPV6

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929852

Reset Host File

• Click here to download RstHosts v2.0
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Right Click and Run as Administrator.
  • Click on Restaurer, then click OK at the prompt.
  • This will restore the default host file.
  • Next Click on Creer Un Rapport.
  • This will open a logfile, post that in your next reply.

Change some settings.

Use this tool to remove the Tunnel adapters.

Disable Computer Browser Service

1. Press the Windows + R key at the same time, a Run Window will appear

2. Type or copy and paste Services.msc hit enter.

3. Scroll to the Computer Browser Service

4. Right-Click Computer Browser Service and choose Stop the service.

5. Right Click Computer Browser Service again select Properties.

6. Change the Startup type to disabled.

8cPC1j3.png
7. Hit Apply then Ok.

Uninstall Netbt Driver.

1. Press the Windows + R key at the same time, a Run Window will appear.

2. Now enter or copy and paste devmgmt.msc in the Run Window and click on OK

3. Click on View and select Show Hidden Devices

Crp3oNM.png

4. Then click on and unfold Non-Plug and Play Driver

27sS1dS.png

5. Then find NET BT, Right-click the device and choose to Uninstall the Driver.

6. Reboot your device when asked.

Hit enter after each command.

1. Open Start and type cmd, then right-click Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator

2. Once Command Prompt has started enter the following command. nbtstat -R

3. Wait for that command to complete, a new line will appear, now enter the following command. nbtstat -RR

4 Wait for that command to complete, a new line will appear, now enter the following command. Shutdown – R

Disable netbios over tcpip.

Windows key & r at the same time.
Type or copy and paste ncpa.cpl hit enter.
Right click your connection hit properties.
Select internet protocol version 4 then properties.
Select Advanced, then Wins tab.
Put a tick next to Disable Net Bios over TCPIP.

Use DNS Jumper to set your dns to google dns.

http://www.sordum.org/7952/dns-jumper-v2-0/

Download easy service optmizer, save it to your desktop and unzip it there. Right click it and run as admin, then select tweaked at the bottom. Then click on the rocket, this will turn off a lot of useless items.

BC6xQdy.png

You will however need to change one setting. Right Click on Wlansvc — WLAN AutoConfig, then select start service, the edit service.

Make sure it is automatic across the board, as per the picture.

YJjG3hv.png

At this point you should reboot your computer again, to ensure all changes are made to the system.

Edited by InadequateInfirmity, 03 June 2016 - 10:41 PM.

#9 deronmoped

deronmoped
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:07 PM

I'm running XP, it says this IVP6 is in Vista and later editions of Windows.

#10 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:09 PM

Skip the disable of IPV6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users