Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All Of My Apps Run In Ms Word

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Juviel

Juviel

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 09 August 2006 - 02:54 PM

K, so I figure, one of the three users of my comp changed properties of applications, (It was probably me.. In fact I think it was), and now all applications run and open up in MS Word. It opens a dialog saying : File conversion.

Chyea, I don't know how to edit the properties of the applications to fix the problem -_-

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:13 PM

You have changed the file extension table. If you know how to change the file extensions back to there default then i'd suggest going back to a restore point or doing this:

Say you want to open an .mp3 file, you will need to right-click on the file and go 'Properties' then and on the first tab you will she the what the file opens with and check the 'Change' the button and then pick the appropriate program you want to open the file with, that will change all files with the same extension will change to that program.
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 Juviel

Juviel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:56 PM

That worked, thank you ^_^

#4 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7