Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

When i punch desk my laptop bugs out

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Dreamie

Dreamie

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:37 AM

Today i decided to play Some Counter strike. i got mad and hit my desk about 3 times, out of no where my screen starts bugging out and i start teleporting around the map, Kind of like internet lag. in- game it started moving me around the map then for about 0.5 seconds it froze then unfroze then i was back to normal.?.. this also happended to me like a week ago i just didnt think anything of it. when i punch the desk is it messing up the connection how? i have good internet also i use wireless internet. or cood it be a system problem? i think im the only one that has this problem so far :C

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:10 PM

Stop punching or striking the desk.  The sudden movement is "rattling" your computer.  I once collided with my desktop on its corner, the next day, one of my two twin hard-drives quit.  Fortunately, I had great backups, only lost 1.5 days -- which I recovered with downloads and re-copies.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:14 PM

What is the make and model of this computer.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Dreamie

Dreamie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:23 PM

Here is my specs: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/V3svHKwofrMCAKy0DFByGYO

Also Sorry for the typo in the tittle.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:36 PM

I edited the topic title.

#6 QQQQ

QQQQ

• Members
  • 388 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:55 PM

If your hard drive is a spinner thats a good way to crash it by hitting your desk. A spinning hard drive is extremely sensitive to external shock, but not near as much if it isn't spinning.

#7 Dreamie

Dreamie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:58 PM

And how do i check?

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:30 PM

The Speccy didn't show any indications of a problem with the hdd.  There is a reader arm which sits above and below the platter.  It is extremely close to the platter, close enough that banging on the table may be enough to make the arm jump and strike the platter.  This can result in damage to the platter.  But if the operating system isn't having any problems you may have dodged that bullet.

If you are not having any problems as a result of this I would like to remind you of a old adage... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#9 Dreamie

Dreamie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:03 PM

Thanks ill be sure not to punch my desk and punch something else instead.

#10 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 948 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:46 PM

As a technical note, that SPECCY report says you have exceeded the shock level of the drive 698 times.  A running hard disk drive is 7 times less shock resistant than a raw egg!

"Attribute name: 
G-sense error rate
Real value: 
Current: 
Worst: 
Threshold: 
Raw Value: 
00000002BA"

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#11 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:59 PM

Please tell us you are making routine full image backups of your OS and data partitions.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

#12 Dreamie

Dreamie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:38 PM

To be honest i dont know how to.

#13 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:48 PM

To be honest i dont know how to.

First, http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx  , download and install Macrium Reflect [free version].  Personally, I have two usb 1TB external platter-driven hard-drives for each computer.  If you're going to use any Cloud, at least have a "parallel" locked away external hard-drive.  Although we can walk you through this for the most part, it might be easier if you found a trusted local guru who could watch you over your shoulder, guide you through the clicks for making your first full images of your OS and data partitions.

Edited by RolandJS, 02 June 2016 - 05:49 PM.

#14 QQQQ

QQQQ

• Members
  • 388 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:52 AM

And how do i check?

You can check the "system" event viewer for bad blocks on the hard drive.

DC3 said Speccy shows no problems with the hard drive but take note of what DavisMcarn said.

The shock to the laptop from hitting the desk can cause the sensors to partially activate, you know when you close the lid it goes to sleep? Maybe something like that happened? I had to disable those on my laptop as sometimes if I moved it just a few inches while it powered on it would go to sleep.

I have a customer of mine that sells heating and cooling supplies, I have seen customers come in with a large heavy fan motor that is bad and they want a replacement. They set it down on the counter (not so gently either) and all of a sudden the PC on the counter right next to where he placed/dropped the motor reboots after I see a flash of blue on the screen (BSOD). Now the file system is corrupt and we are getting unrecoverable disk errors and then it starts clicking loudly, new hard drive a reload is now in order.

Now the customer has learned to take the the motor from the customer and set it down themselves, very gently!!!

#15 Dreamie

Dreamie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:58 AM

I mean it could be that. But it didnt flash a blue screen, it only flashed parts of the game. Almost as i was teleporting around the map. Also it didnt make any sounds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users