Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 8.1 => 10, problem endless restart loop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RubenVL

RubenVL

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:13 AM

Hello all,

I'm not very familiar with ICT in general so please do forgive me if I misspecify my question. I will try my best.

My computer suddenly started to go for some sort of upgrade and was stuck at 0%. I did not authorize anything as such so I figured it was to update to Win 10 (which I didn't want actually). To solve this, I just pressed and held the power button and turned it back on. Then it started to some sort of endless loop from the Medion loading screen to another blue screen with a text that notified me that something went wrong (there was a sad smiley face above the text).

I managed to get to a menu called "Easy Flash Utility" by pressing F4 and now that is where I'm stuck. I have added photos of this. My laptop is a Medion/Akoya. I also have taped the loop thing, so I'll add that too, if that's useful.

Thanks for your time

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Robert House

Robert House

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:28 AM

I'm sorry this has happened.  I would put in a windows 8.1disk or a third party backup disk or thumb drive such as Macrium reflect or Acronis and boot from one of those. Follow the instructions to retrieve a backup of your operating system. or If you have a Windows backup image of your computer, this would be ideal. You could use your windows 8.1 disk or repair disc to access features that would let you install a backup image, or just fix the boot process if that is all that is needed (I doubt one would be this lucky), and other features that are available. Other than that the last thing you want to hear is do a complete reinstall of your operating system.  But if you haven't made backups, I do not see any alternatives.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then give Microsoft a call and one of the nice people there can walk you through some smart ways to restore your system. (It was their fault per your comment, so emphasize that if they ask for a credit card.  However, I bet they do it free for you because they help people free with installation issues.. This is my experience.  Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users