Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 media creation tool doesnot finish

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Chris4835

Chris4835

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:52 AM

A few days ago I dwnloaded the media creation tool. the download was aroung 3Gb and took 3 HRS.

I wanted to burn it to a CD but there was no button labeled burn or anything like it. Then the program just closed.

I think the download is still on my computer but how can I find It? and maybe run it again. I'm wondering if it would fit on just one DVD disk. Or could I just format the factory partition, which is 10.2 GB and then put it there?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,393 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:29 AM

what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

make a bootable recovery disc?

#3 Chris4835

Chris4835
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:38 AM

YES. that's exactly what I had in mind. But since the computer already has a recovery partition, which would recover the computer to Windows 7.

I would like it to recover to Windows 10. Either from a CD or from the existing recovery partition. by the way, thanks for the Quick reply.

#4 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,393 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:04 AM

not sure thats possible,

if you ever had an issue you could always recover it to windows 7 then upgrade it?

#5 Chris4835

Chris4835
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:42 PM

True. Except after July 30, when Windows 10 is no longer free? I wonder what they will charge then for windows 10.

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,860 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:51 AM

Why not just install Windows 10 now ?

Also Burn an ISO to  CD or DVD.....so you will always have a spare copy.

Once win 10 is installed....you can reset it (and also keep your pics and music and files)....this procedure reinstalls a fresh copy of win10.  You will lose any programs that you have installed that are not part of the windows store. eg VLC player...

Putting win 10 on a thumb drive is possibly even better....less likely to get damaged. An 8gb thumb drive is all you need. Use

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

to set up the thumb drive.

Edited by Condobloke, 03 June 2016 - 06:52 AM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#7 Chris4835

Chris4835
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:55 PM

Thanks very much Condobloker. I did install Windows 10.But wanted to have a copy just in case. I actually found the windows 10 creation tool, it was in my documents folder and I was able to burn it to just one DVD disk. So I'm all set now.

#8 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,860 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:00 PM

:thumbup2:

My pleasure !

Condobloke

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users