Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Group policy error; admin cannot login as admin.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hghuck

hghuck

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:14 AM

Hi, from my research I saw this is the best place to ask these types of question. Any help is appreciated.

Here is the gist of my issues:

Windows 10.

I had just finished downloading a file from our Google drive directory; it was for some anti virus.

Right after the anti virus installed Windows froze up, and an error popped up. It stated Windows had crashed or something along those lines.

I had to unplug the cord.

Once rebooting I noticed it was taking incredibly long. The screen went to yellow showing signs of loading, then to black. I could move my mouse here,

After this happened the login screen appeared. Everything was very slow. I tried to right click and noticed it freezing up.

After it finally loaded the login screen I entered in my pin, but it took over 10 minutes then went to black.

After other tries to boot I had very mixed signals. Sometimes it made it to the login, other times just a black screen.

On one occasion I got this error:

"The Group Policy Client Service Failed The Sign-in. The Universal Unique Identifier (UUID) Type Is Not Supported."

Sadly, this is for the admin account.

I have no idea where to go from here, and have a lot invested file, and program wise, and thus time wise into this set up, for work.

Any ideas where to go ? I cannot access system restore or anything as it won't let me log in.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: title shouldn't say admin at the end. Meaning I cannot log in to the admin, or any other profile.

Edited by hghuck, 02 June 2016 - 03:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users