Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't get duel monitors to work

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bryan5255

bryan5255

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:51 AM

I'm running windows 10. Both monitors work, but in only one of the monitor plug ins. I thought maybe it was the plug itself, so I got a monitor to HDMI adapter, but the second screen won't work in that either. In fact, in both cases, the computer doesn't even recognize the second monitor exists. I already tried scanning for hardware changes in the device manager with no results. Any idea how to get this to work?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:35 AM

I assume you are plugging both monitors into your video card.  Install the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:57 AM

A little more information about your machine would be helpful.  Some manufactured machines turn off the onboard video if another video card is added.  If that is not the case than knowing what video card you have would be helpful.

#4 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:01 AM

A little more information about your machine would be helpful.  Some manufactured machines turn off the onboard video if another video card is added.  If that is not the case than knowing what video card you have would be helpful.

Correct, and if he is trying to use a video card with onboard, that can open up a whole different set of issues.

#5 Robert House

Robert House

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:41 AM

Yes, more information regarding the timing. Had it been working prior to this with 2 monitors?  Or, if you are trying to add a second monitor, often times you'll need to go into the bios and put "enabled" where it says multiple monitors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users