Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inaccessible Boot Device

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SarahA47

SarahA47

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 09 August 2006 - 01:29 PM

This is for my mother's computer so I don't have all of the details, but I think she has Windows 2000. She bought the computer used from a shop that has always been very reliable.

Anyway, let me start by saying she has no viruses, she does nothing on this computer but type in wordpad and browse ebay. She was typing earlier and accidentally hit the switch and turned the power off. When it came back on, she got a blue screen that said "Stop....Inaccessible Boot Device" It gives you all the things to do like check for viruses, run CKDSK, etc, the problem is there is no way to get past the blue screen. I've rebooted, I've done F8 and tried to restart to the last known good configuration, nothing works. She has no disks for this computer or manual.

I'm not asking how to fix it or advice on how to go about fixing it, I just want to know if there is a way for me to get past the blue screen? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SarahA47

SarahA47
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 09 August 2006 - 01:50 PM

nevermind, I fixed it myself! Thanks anyway

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:46 AM

What did you do to fix it?

#4 Chicken Man

Chicken Man

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:31 PM

Yes what did you do?

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:48 AM

Probably allowed checkdisk to run which is what it defaults to after power disruption.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users