Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Live email

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JamesRT

JamesRT

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:37 AM

Good afternoon. After having tried Telstra's new email and I don't like it (after 5 chats to Telstra on their 24/7  chat line) I was advised to migrate to Windows Live email. This works fine for me except for one problem that I'm having: after all my emails come into my INBOX, all of them immediately migrate to the JUNK MAIL folder. If I transfer all these emails back to the inbox, then the same thing happens. I have been onto Telstra re this problem but all they could say to me was that there was a "fault in the app". I don't know about this - all that I know is that this is the problem that I'm having. Does anyone else have this problem or if they do can they help me. Thank you. James Turner

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:46 AM

I can't help you with your issue but I can suggest a better alternative.

Thunderbird email client instead of Windows Live Mail.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:35 AM

I agree with Queen-Evie.  I've been using Thunderbird since around 2004 and still love it!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,660 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:28 AM

James,

Are you using POP or IMAP to access your e-mail account?  The kind of behavior you're describing makes me think that it could be POP and somehow a message rule has been set up that identifies all incoming messages as junk/spam.

What you're seeing is definitely not characteristic of Windows Live Mail 2012 in "out of the box" state so something's definitely not right here.

If you were using IMAP then you can't set up message rules and all filtering of messages should occur on the e-mail server, not on the client side.

A bit more detail about how your account is set up for access is required.  Also, if you have the option to choose between POP or IMAP I strongly suggest IMAP as the preferred method.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#5 JamesRT

JamesRT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:00 PM

Hi mate. Thanks for the reply. However, all that you have suggested is a bit over my head. The mail was set up by Telstra through their 24/7 chat line as I was having problems with their Telstra email, and it was suggested that perhaps WL would be better for me. I was using Outlook.com and the programme worked beautifully, but Telstra insisted that  I migrate to Telstra mail. So here I am stuck with this programme that doesn't work properly. I have tried to use Thunderbird but struck a problem importing messages, contacts etc, so I am a bit of a mess at the moment. Thank you anyway for your suggestions.

#6 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,660 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:25 PM

James,

Knowing nothing about the e-mail client that you've been stuck with by your ISP, so it's hard to advise further.  I hope you find a solution, and you likely will.  The behavior you've described for WLM strikes me as something that will be solved simply by removing the small thing that's triggering it in the first place.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users