Before the installation begins you will be prompted to either Decline or Accept the terms of the installation, click on I Accept.
Once the installation begins you will see an image similar to the one below.
1. SeaTools for Windows will search for HDDs and SSDs on your computer. Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB ports.
2. Detected Drives will list the HDDs and SSDs found. Place a check mark in the drive box you want to run the scan on.
3. You will see Basic Tests toolbar above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this to open the test options. Please click on Long Generic Test
4. This will start the scan. When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.
5. The test will indicate either Pass or Fail. Post the results of the scan in your topic.
6. Click on Help, then click on View Log File. If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.
When GSmartControl opens it scans your computer for all mass storage devices. When the scan is finished it will display all of the drives found. Double click on the drive which contains your operating system.
In the next window that opens the Identity tab is selected which displays all of the data pertaining to your drive.
Click on the Perform Tests tab. When the next window opens select the Short Self-Test, then click on Execute.
When the scan has completed it will show that the drive either passed or failed. If it failed click on the View Ouput. Copy the text and paste this in your topic.