Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mr. DeimosChaos

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 31 May 2016 - 04:13 PM

I have a little story to tell ya then i want your opinons on two topics if ya please.  Once upon a time there was a young man who was in the army and while in the army he discovered the nitendo and fell in love with zelda and final fantasy, his 11 yrs went up so he became a civilian but it was sad that the town he went back to was very few jobs, so he didnt have money just yet to get back into his game habit.    But one day like some miracle a job came avaible and he manage to get a girl friend and this girl talk him into moving him in with her.  well this girl unknown to me had a pc and his love of for nintendo went to the back burner and discovered some games, downloading music and yahoo chat rooms.  the last thing didnt jive very well with the girl so they ended breaking up because he seemed his new obsession was taking a toll on his life.  but he was very glad he discovered the pc this was the early 90's as time pass the chatroom thing faded away and finding that the best use of the pc was gaming, remember this is the 90's we are talking about.  so here i am 2016 addicted to gaming.  nobody told me that it was gonna be so big that you just dont buy a game install it and play especial not on a everyday pc.  so when i learned maybe a bit to late about graphic cards and ram and cpus and such for better gaming im here stuck with a everyday pc im trying to game on that i put some money in it with graphic cards and i had no idea about psu until today.  im on disability with no real money to upgrade my current machine yet alone buy a decent one to game on  thank you for making my day...lol.  and thank you for letting me bend you ear  abit i am a little frustrated about my pc now.

my question is if for some miracle i come across some money to get a new psu where should i go, what watts should i get, brand, how will i know if it will set in my current machine...etc?

and will you check out and get your opinion on a post i made at computer gaming the post is "thinking of using steam mover".   thanks to every thing i hope you at least get a chuckle out of this not a real loud "LOSER".

Edited by hamluis, 20 June 2016 - 09:39 AM.
Moved Buying New to Internal Hardware- Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,453 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:12 PM

my question is if for some miracle i come across some money to get a new psu where should i go, what watts should i get, brand, how will i know if it will set in my current machine...etc?

Depends on your current machine.

#3 bc0306

bc0306

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:03 PM

750 Watts is enough

Don't even think about it if your not sure

#4 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:49 AM

According to me 550 Watts for light pc, 650 Watts for heavy gaming pc and 750 Watts for extreme pc.
To achieve something first try
to get the knowledge about it.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#5 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:21 AM

As one of the best BC regulars [which is not me] would ask:  exactly what is the make and model of this computer?  If computer is a composite owner-built, perhaps he would ask:  exactly what is the make and model of the motherboard?  We are talking desktop, correct?

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#6 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:53 PM

than you all for your post and support but if i want any thing beside a PSU is a new pc for extreme gaming so im gonna either steal. borrow or beg for the money for either a new pc or my dream  for a build with will have a 750 watt psu, a asus gaming motherboard, a i7 quad intel cpu, 16 gig of ram and the biggest monitor ever...lol.  but ill keep dreaming.

#7 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:12 PM

Buy new graphic card also for extreme gaming buy latest Nvidia geforce gtx 1080, 1070 or 980 ti sli or amd radeon r9 fury x 2016 edition for heavy pc. Anyway your choice Have good pc.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#8 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:01 AM

i dont think a 980 ti in my low end pc will do much any good.  im currently running a geforce 750 and all my current updated drivers for it wont optimize of my current games.  i suspect thats due to low ram onlu 5 gigs, a crappy cpu its a amd athlon II duo 2 250u and 300 watts of power.  but due to youtube and some tweeking they all plat decent enough as long as i dont go out buy nothing better than metal gear solid 5,  i had a real hard time getting my witcher 3 to play decent without to much lag as it is...lol.

By the way i also planed on adding the 980 or the 1070/1080 to my dream machine.

#9 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:30 AM

Then go for nvidia geforce gtx 960 or amd radeon r9 380x but r9 380x give much better than gtx 960 and especially it is found under 200$.
Be happy, always try
for it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users