Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Fluctuating ping and connection speed (Galaxy S5 Neo 5.1.1)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dudeye

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:45 AM

I use 4G connection through my phone as my main internet connection. The problem started today.

I have called my operator's technical support, and they confirmed that the mast I'm currently connected is working as intended. There are malfunctioning masts in the city i live in, but they are in such distange away that they shouldn't affect me. Signal strength is decent on my phone too(I'm using Mobile signal application to measure it)

I set cmd to continuously ping and it seems that if I disconnect and reconnect my phone to pc, network connection works normally for few minutes, then it starts to slowdown. The ping to for example drops from about 50 to 800-2000 and download speed on speedtest barely reaches 1mb/s when its normally about 10-20.

Only abnormal thing to happen to my phone recently is mini usb socket getting a little sand in it. I have cleaned it thoroughly using pressurized air, though I plugged it in one or two times while still had some in it(thats how I noticed it in the first place). There is no visible damage in the microUSB and I can't spot anything wrong in the socket either. Besides, I did speedtest on my computer and the phone itself and both got same results, so I don't think there is a problem with the cable (couldn't test the cable anyway, since I have only one) or the socket. According to techsupport guy I called to, my connection speed was normal about 1500, after which it dropped the connection for a moment or something.

-I have restarted my phone completely by removing the battery and sim.

-I have scanned my phone for malware and found nothing

-I have the most recent updates

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users