Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dropped 10 Viking Pro (Android 5.0, Lollipop)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DonnaB

DonnaB

Bleepin' Ailurophile

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 2,426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:10 AM

Hi there,

Could someone help me determine if my sons 10 Viking Pro is a goner or not, please?

He dropped the tablet a while back and now when he turns it on half the screen is black (the left side) and the right side flickers\dances about.

I am not sure how to explain this but it's not the outer screen that is "cracked". I think on a PC/laptop monitor it is called the back screen... maybe? I don't know monitor parts well enough to even start researching.

I have attached an image below.

DSCF0150.jpg

Any help would be truly appreciated.

Thank you,
Donna :)

A cat named ugly

Proud parent of a young Man who devotes his life to the U.S.Navy

Graduate of GeekU Malware Removal training program

"To achieve the impossible, it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought." ~ Tom Robbins

"Once I knew only darkness and stillness... my life was without past or future... but a little word from the fingers of another fell into my hand that clutched at emptiness, and my heart leaped to the rapture of living." ~ Helen Keller

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:26 AM

It definitely got a spider web going on there.... if the outer glass isn't feeling like its cracked, then its the inside panel that is damaged and broken. You could try and get a replacement screen assembly and take it apart and replace it. So its broken, but probably not so far broken to not be fixable. Just depends if you want to take it apart and try and find replacement parts.

iFixit thread on replacing the screen

OS - Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 & Windows 10
Custom Desktop PC / Lenovo Y580 / Sager NP8258 / Dell XPS 13 (9350)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users