Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No audio on HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n113dx windows 10

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gumballjunkie

gumballjunkie

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:56 PM

I have a windows 10 tablet that at some point (not my pc, my daughters) has no sound output, in the control panel there was 1 driver intel sst audio device wdm not operating correctly, I deleted it and let it try to reinstall, now I have unknown device with a hardware ID of ACPI\VEN_8086&DEV_22A8. Under sound controllers only conexant i2s audio codec shows installed, I went through and reinstalled the audio driver, and the Intel chipset that has graphics, camera, and audio driver pack. (that I believe has the sst driver), also I tried installing the old versions of both, no go. On the Hp help forum they suggested to go to recovery which removed all the apps but no data, though without a recovery disk or partition I'm not sure what that really does. I also ran eset to check for any virus. Any idea's?
Thanks, Stan 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,622 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:19 AM

Download and run Intel's Driver Update Utility.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

#3 gumballjunkie

gumballjunkie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:37 AM

I had done that, it came up with 2 earlier bluetooh drivers, 1 earlier graphics production driver, and 1 later version wireless driver that could be installed, though a comment that these were intel generic drivers so I have not installed any of those.

Thanks, Stan

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,622 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:57 AM

The Hardware ID lists the device as a Intel SST Audio Device. I could not find anything on intel's site. I will post if I find anything. 

Edit: If you go to your computer's support page, you will find a chipset driver that includes intel's audio driver. This may work but I can't say for sure.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-10-x2-PC/8499312/model/9072984

This is one of the problems I have with Windows 10. With so many updates one does not know if the driver on the computer's own support site will cause an issue if out of date.

Edited by JohnC_21, 31 May 2016 - 10:03 AM.

#5 gumballjunkie

gumballjunkie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:13 PM

I did go there and tried the current version sp74358 and tried the earlier version sp72830

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,622 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:27 AM

Unfortunately the only other thing I can think of is to do a refresh, not reset, but you would need to reinstall all programs that were installed. This does not include apps installed through the store.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users