Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Get Pc To Start Seems To Be Locked In Setup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jjtopp

jjtopp

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 09 August 2006 - 10:11 AM

help...yesterday i had the wininet.dll error caused by trojan horse downloder.agent.ETP used AVG and attempted to get rid of it...then when i restarted i got message telling me to reinstall XP..well i did that and now i am locked in setup...and the pc just keeps rebooting...can't get to safe mode because it says it can't be used during setup.....any help would be greatly appreciated...[size=3]can i install a new hard drive and get the info off the old drive if it is installed as a slave....thinking that might be a option[/size]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 09 August 2006 - 11:15 AM

Depends what you mean by "Info".
You can get data.

#3 jjtopp

jjtopp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 13 August 2006 - 12:24 PM

thanks for the reply and i did mean data...but would jpegs be considered data...just wondering

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,959 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:59 PM

jpegs would be considered files. :thumbsup:

Orange Blossom :flowers:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users