Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Powerbay NAS - can't get it to work

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 jwilkens

jwilkens

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 30 May 2016 - 05:46 PM

I have a new Powerbay  4 bay NAS with one 2TB drive installed. I can't figure out how to get it to show as a drive on my home network. I have been through the manual and not quite sure where I am going wrong. I think it is getting hung up on the drive configuration page in the web configuration. When I hit create in the disk configyration: RAID setting screen I get an error message no matter which configuration I choose. Here is a screen shot.

I am using a Windows & laptop. The NAS is hardwired to a Verizon Router. I can see the drive when I log into the Router configuration page.

Attached File  Powerbay control error.jpg   67.65KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:23 PM

Duplicate topic closed. Other topic is here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615888/attempting-to-set-up-an-nas-totally-baffled/

Please do not start multiple topics about the same issue. This creates confusion for you, those helping you and can delay the help process.

All discussion will take place in your other topic, which hamluis moved to Networking.

This one is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users