Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Video Card - Not mounted correctly?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Samully203

Samully203

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:40 PM

Computer Specs
Core i3 6100 3m
Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 380 - With Backplate
GIGABYTE GA-H110M-A Micro ATX Mobo
G Skill 2x4GB DDR4 Ram
Windows 10 Home

I ordered my parts from Newegg about 90 days ago, got it up and running on delivery, and, boy, has it worked like a dream since. Whether it be playing my Blizzard games, Overwatch beta and retail included, Total War Warhammer, ARK Survival Evolved or anything else, no stuttering and super fast. I love it. It also never ran hot, or had any problems along those lines (if anything it cooled my room, lots of space in the case with the micro board, and I did a much better job of zip tying my cables on this build than my previous one about 7 years ago.

I was playing Overwatch last Thursday, as I had every night since its release, and every night through open beta when the computer monitor just went black and the computer shut down. No prompts, no nothing. I troubleshooted myself, and its apparent the problem is coming from the graphics card (I am on the computer right now, with output running from my mother board). The graphics cards fans are not spinning on start up. I am hoping its came un-seated, and I am an idiot and that I haven't been able to work it back into place. The drivers I am questioning as well, as I updated when I completed building the computer, but haven't since.

When I use my AMD Catalyst software, it says it cannot detect the card in the case (it is trying to update my integrated). I have included a picture of this, as well as my hardware list from control panel.

I have included pictures, perhaps you will be able to discern the problem from those. I have also included a DX Diag file.

Thank you,

DxDiag: 

Images (Including Control Panel, AMD Catalyst Software, and Interior of Computer): 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:59 PM

it is normal now a days for fans on a GPU to not always be "on" or spinning I have a r7 370 that turns fans on accordingly, if you think the GPU just became unseated why not just open it up and seat it again (ensuring you use static dispersement properly to avoid further damage)

#3 Samully203

Samully203
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2016 - 05:13 PM

Yeah I have attempted seating it again, it appears to my knowledge that its seated. Mind checking out the pics and reassuring you so I can start to assume its either a problem with the drivers or the card itself is just bricked? Thanks.

#4 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:21 PM

I cant view the pics from work, but does the GPU show up when u go to view show hidden devices in device manager? if so uninstall it reboot pc and it should install the drivers so then you can use the catalyst control center to get the most up to date drivers

#5 Samully203

Samully203
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:14 PM

It certainly did! I checked the option then looked under Display Adapters and there the Radeon R9 was! I right clicked, then uninstalled. Restarted my PC, went to AMD Catalyst and... Still nothing. Says it is unable to detect. Now when I go back into device manager and check the show hidden option it is no longer listed under Display Adapters.

#6 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:02 PM

you may have to manually download as opposed to using catalyst (driver only)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users