Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thinking of using steam mover

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:40 AM

I was wanting a 3rd HD so i can move my game client games to them using steam mover, has anyone heard of it, used is it easy to use.  Is ifehacker a decent download site any recommendations?  thanks and good morning.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:52 PM

Gee none of you gamers really have no opinoins on this gee, please this post up before i do this my self i rather know what im about to get into before i do it my self!

Edited by Sabastiondoggie, 02 June 2016 - 12:37 AM.

#3 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,420 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:32 PM

Never heard of steam mover to be honest. Is it something that Valve supports/owns? If it is a 3rd party tool I would be careful with it. It may work fine, but there is always a chance of it breaking something if it isn't officially supported. Not that it would be to big a deal, you would just have to re-download games.

OS - Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 & Windows 10
Custom Desktop PC / Lenovo Y580 / Sager NP8258 / Dell XPS 13 (9350)

#4 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:40 PM

No i dont beliveve its a valve product the fie i found was on Lifehacker.com but i gonna call this whole projeect a bust it ooks like i dont reay have room for a 3rd HD it seems.  thanks for getting back to me.

Edited by Sabastiondoggie, 02 June 2016 - 03:40 PM.

#5 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:48 AM

You can uninstall and reinstall the games you want to move in the desired location, Steam Cloud will take care of your saved games.

Valve does not provide any tool to move games from one place to another as far as I know of.

#6 QQQQ

QQQQ

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:15 AM

It's not difficult to move them see here. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users