Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows - DLL Initialization failled

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chimu

Chimu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:19 AM

this error has kept me out of my computer all day and i need help.

the error is i log onto windows like normal windows boots up then a window pops up for a few seconds that says " Windows - Dll Initialization Failed " the box bellow says " this application has failed to start because of an exception. Re-installing the application may fix the problem " then my whole computer restarts.

now i've had this problem before and last time i just needed to go into safe mode and reinstall discord. this time however no matter how many times i do that it wont stop this error. also i should mention this only affects my account and not the admin account but changing my account to an admin account doesn't fix this either. chkdsk /f didn't fix it and neither did system repair.

i really really really don't want to reinstall windows. i got by this once i just need some help doing it again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:48 AM

i really really really don't want to reinstall windows. i got by this once i just need some help doing it again.

Do you want or do not want, but it's the only and fastest way that can help you.

#3 Chimu

Chimu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 30 May 2016 - 05:39 AM

logged into my admin account, reinstalled video drivers and installed shutdownguard and now its working again. no idea what fixed it but it is.

#4 windows11

windows11

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 30 May 2016 - 05:41 AM

this error has kept me out of my computer all day and i need help.

the error is i log onto windows like normal windows boots up then a window pops up for a few seconds that says " Windows - Dll Initialization Failed " the box bellow says " this application has failed to start because of an exception. Re-installing the application may fix the problem " then my whole computer restarts.

now i've had this problem before and last time i just needed to go into safe mode and reinstall discord. this time however no matter how many times i do that it wont stop this error. also i should mention this only affects my account and not the admin account but changing my account to an admin account doesn't fix this either. chkdsk /f didn't fix it and neither did system repair.

it is just an error from one application you do not need to reinstall windows. Delete the application from startup to stop that message

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users