Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Not Showing Anything When Pc "wakes Up"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 angel3181

angel3181

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 09 August 2006 - 07:15 AM

My computer says powered on all the time so it goes into its sleep mode when there is no activity for awhile and my monitor goes black and its power light changes from blue to orange. Normally, all I have to do is move the mouse or push a key on the keyboard and the monitor's power light changes to blue and the monitor comes back on along with my computer.

Lately, this isn't happening correctly. I push a button or move my mouse and I can hear my computer making noise like it is coming back on but my monitor doesn't. The power light changes to blue for a second and it says that the PC is entering sleep mode and then the power button on the monitor changes back to orange and the screen goes black again. I have tried powering the monitor off and back on and that doesn't work. The only way I have been able to get the monitor back on is to power the computer off and back on using the power button on the computer. However, this still doesn't work the first time. I have to do it 2 times for it to work. When the monitor does come back on after powering on the computer the 2nd time, a message pops up in the bottom right corner that says that my monitors resolution and color depth are set very low, which is not true because it looks the same as it always does - I keep it at the highest resolution.

This is not happening every single time, by the way. It has happened about 3 times in the past week.

Here are some specs on my computer:

HP Pavilion
Intel Pentium 4, 3GHz
1.50 GB RAM
Windows XP Home Edition, SP 2
HP f1503 Flat Panel Monitor
NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 09 August 2006 - 07:40 AM

A couple of ideas:

Enter your computer BIOS setup and choose Default Settings. Reboot.

Also a quick Google search turns up lot's of folks with similar issues:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc...nd+hibernate+XP

You could try reading some of the issues/answers found on that google search page, when you have a few spare hours. :thumbsup:
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users