My Computer Build & Budget Rules:
1. Not Gaming. Wall Street Trading and News Network Watches
2. Save money any way possible. Ebay or Craigslist deals are #1 shopping stop.
3. 6 Monitors with options for 12 Monitors later. No clone displays. This is for individual Trading Charts and News Streams.
4. Aesthetics is not a philosophy I'm considering at this phase. I do not care what computers look like only that they accomplish my goals.
5. CHEAP! Chopin' n' hardware shoppin' is an art. That's the show off: gold for brass. If they don't want our brass, I don't need their gold.
- There are lots of people that are selling great things out there. They fancied powerful computers, for example, and they forgot to make and save money to live, so they pile onto internet pawnshops like Craigslist and Ebay with their computer builds. That's in order to pay their bills rather than pay their builds any more.
- They don't make money with their systems. I make money with my computer system in Wall St and the Chicago CME and CBOE. But I want cheap. Don't forget that no one ever became rich by paying more than they had to for anything. With the shape the economy is going, this is not a bad plan.
- I will go through the universe of hardware sellers giving them my bids which will be for less than they are asking. The ones that bite I will bargain with that list to negotiate an even lower price. Whoever is left in the discussion with me I will buy from.
- That's how I sort out who need my money most. There's no sign on the sellers that say who is who, so I have to stick my toes in the water to check warm or cold.