Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello All

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jerlor

jerlor

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 09 August 2006 - 06:04 AM

[font=Comic Sans Ms][size=2]Hi to all: My name is Jerry and I am located in southern Germany. I am a retired American and we split our time between here and Connecticut. I have been "computer literate" since about 1996 and boy! Is there a lot to learn. I look forward to the interaction here and please excuse my maybe dumb questions....but we all started at the same square didn't we?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 09 August 2006 - 09:14 AM

You are absolutely right. Everyone here began knowing next to nothing when they first sat down and turned on the computer. As complex as computing has become because of all the tasks we ask it to do, no one can possibly be an expert in every area, and, moreover, the constant inventions of new malware types, contribute to keeping everyone scrambling for help, knowledge, and expertise.
This user community is really based upon every member helping every other member when they can, so we can all be both safer and more knowledgeable.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users