Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SFC /scannow showing corrupt DLL's.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 nonymoosee

nonymoosee

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:22 PM

My computer has been acting funny recently.. Chrome refusing to start / "Run as admin" refusing to start any program / Locking up during random activities... 

Now I'm a fairly advanced user as far as admin work goes, I usually do all my own repairs/reinstalls and don't need help, also I have never in my life run an anti-virus software on my PC as it's been never needed, I know how do avoid being infected for the most part.. But.. Now I think I am infected with something or just in general need of help. 

I ran an sfc /scannow and for the first time ever I actually had a corrupt DLL and attempting to fix it failed. "Opencl.dll" is corrupted and cannot be fixed. Soo.. I used this threat to attempt a repair and was successful. 

http://serverfault.com/questions/741487/how-to-fix-corrupted-opencl-dll-in-windows-10-if-sfc-and-dism-are-failing

My question is.. Was this a virus? Or did something just corrupt a DLL file?

Thanks,

Nony

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:08 AM

nonymoosee:

:welcome: to the Bleeping Computer Virus, Trojans, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs Forum. My name is Phil and I am a trainee in the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Study Hall. I would like to address you by your first name, if that is alright with you since we will be working together.

I will be assisting you with your computer issues. All of my proposed fixes and suggestions must be approved by a fully-qualified Malware Removal Instructor. This will delay response times somewhat, but I will endeavor to respond within a reasonable time, normally 48 hours after your last post.

I will need some time to review your FRST logs and consult with the Malware Response Instructor (MRI) who will be assigned to supervise this topic. That could take a few days. Once I have reviewed my proposed response with the assigned MRI, I will reply to you with initial instructions.

PLEASE DO NOT RUN ANY ADDITIONAL SCANS OR ANTI-MALWARE REMOVAL TOOLS UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED A RESPONSE FROM ME.
Doing so would complicate the situation and it would cause further delays in resolving your issues. It could also potentially result in harm to your computer because my "fix" will be based on the FRST scan logs you have already submitted.

Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

Member of the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#3 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• 3,635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:31 AM

nonymoosee:

I have reviewed your FRST logs and I have consulted with the Malware Response Instructor assigned to supervise me while I address your topic and your issues.

The logs reveal the presence of cracked or pirated software. Bleeping Computer Forum rules prohibit the use of cracked or pirated software after a warning has been issued: See this link.

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

Using such software "tools" frequently results in computers being infected.

I request that you remove your pirated copy of Microsoft Office, and any other pirated or "cracked" software on your computer. If you choose to do so, then please supply a fresh set of FRST logs, with Addition.txt, checked, after all such software has been removed from your computer.

If you choose to keep the pirated and/or cracked software, then please let me know and I will have a Moderator conclude your topic.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

-Phil

Member of the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#4 nonymoosee

nonymoosee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:18 PM

Already fixed it, thanks :) 

#5 Oh My!

Oh My!

Adware and Spyware and Malware.....

• 36,614 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:15 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Gary

If I do not reply within 24 hours please send me a Personal Message.

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users