Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer glitches while streaming video

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 WatDabney

WatDabney
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:03 PM

You need to download Data LifeGuard Diagnostics for Windows click the link and from the WD Support website select WD Software tab and download Data LifeGuard Diagnostics for Windows.

Working on it now...  thanks for clarifying this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 Willy22

Willy22

• Members
  • 945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:59 PM

- I agree, The info provided by GSmartcontrol is indeed a (little) confusing but that's inherent to the SMART feature. Best is to focus on the amount of pink/red lines and there're none in the picture.

- If your problems started more than a month ago then I would try to remove all the programs you installed in that timeframe. And that includes the most recent Win 10 update(s). Write down the KB number of those updates, download them from the MS website and keep them in a safe place. Then try if removing those update(s) would solve the problem.

#18 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:05 PM

You need to download Data LifeGuard Diagnostics for Windows click the link and from the WD Support website select WD Software tab and download Data LifeGuard Diagnostics for Windows.

You are very welcome. You should run Extended Test to repair HDD surface errors that is if they can be repaired.

Posted Image

#19 WatDabney

WatDabney
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:48 PM

You are very welcome. You should run Extended Test to repair HDD surface errors that is if they can be repaired.

It has passed both the quick and extended tests...

Attached Files

#20 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:12 PM

Good news HDD is healthy.

Open the Command Prompt as a administrator and type Sfc  /Scannow command and  press Enter key to repair any Windows damage system files.

If nothing works then you should perform repair install of Windows 10 with this process all your personal files, programs and settings will be preserved.

Posted Image

#21 WatDabney

WatDabney
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:17 PM

- I agree, The info provided by GSmartcontrol is indeed a (little) confusing but that's inherent to the SMART feature. Best is to focus on the amount of pink/red lines and there're none in the picture.

- If your problems started more than a month ago then I would try to remove all the programs you installed in that timeframe. And that includes the most recent Win 10 update(s). Write down the KB number of those updates, download them from the MS website and keep them in a safe place. Then try if removing those update(s) would solve the problem.

I tried to remove the most recent windows updates, but was only able to remove one as the others had no options to allow me to remove them.  Once I did remove the one it allowed me to remove, it made me restart my computer and as soon as it was booted, it started to download that update again, and since it's windows10, I'm unable to stop it from updating. 

#22 WatDabney

WatDabney
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:38 PM

Open the Command Prompt as a administrator and type Sfc  /Scannow command and  press Enter key to repair any Windows damage system files.

If nothing works then you should perform repair install of Windows 10 with this process all your personal files, programs and settings will be preserved.

Just finished the Sfc /Scannow and it found no issues.  Going to try the repair install tomorrow I guess...  at this point I guess I'm running out of options if I'm going to repair/reinstall Win10...  I wish there was something that could just tell me what is happening instead of all this guess work and troubleshooting.

Regardless, thank you to all who have helped me so far.  I really appreciate the advice and am truly grateful for you folks and all you do here. 

Attached Files

#23 Willy22

Willy22

• Members
  • 945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:03 PM

- And this "automatic update" feature in Win 10 Home is indeed a REAL "pain in the a**". Then user has no control over the updates. that used to be different in Win 7.

#24 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:12 PM

Just finished the Sfc /Scannow and it found no issues.  Going to try the repair install tomorrow I guess...  at this point I guess I'm running out of options if I'm going to repair/reinstall Win10...  I wish there was something that could just tell me what is happening instead of all this guess work and troubleshooting.

Regardless, thank you to all who have helped me so far.  I really appreciate the advice and am truly grateful for you folks and all you do here. 

All so call guest work you mention was advice from us the thinks that could cause your issue there is no way non of us can know what is causing the problem but we can guest what it might be causing the issue.

Edited by FreeBooter, 04 June 2016 - 11:13 PM.

Posted Image

#25 WatDabney

WatDabney
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:55 PM

I have performed the repair install and it has not fixed the problem.

#26 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:37 PM

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy and post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Posted Image

#27 WatDabney

WatDabney
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:41 PM

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy and post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/cEgGJwOk3eFUXk6NhlVu7eD

When I tried to run Speccy I got a BSOD, with error "Page fault in non paged area"

This is the second time I've gotten this BSOD and the last time was also when I tried to run Speccy

Edited by WatDabney, 06 June 2016 - 08:44 PM.

#28 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:45 PM

Automatically detect and update your drivers and software with the Intel® Driver Update Utility.
Ask for malware infection checkup at Am I infected? What do I do? forum.
Also ask for BSOD help at Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support  forum.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users