Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel 2013 - Pulling data from one cell based on the value another cell

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 shortymac

shortymac

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 29 May 2016 - 04:00 PM

I have a sheet set up with the list with the description (text) in column B, and summary scores (numerical, percentage) in column D. I want to do a summary row at the top of the sheet that pulls the data from the B cells, based on the lowest 3 values in column D.

I plan on using the formula =SMALL(D7:D32,1) (with d7:d32 being the list of percentages), to figure out the lowest 3 values. But the formula just pulls the summary score, not the description. I want to pull the description into but I am at a loss.

I am using excel 2013 on windows 10. Any help would be appreciated.

Despite many reverses, freedom has won many battles. Many died in those battles in the conviction that to die in the struggle against oppression was better than to live without freedom. Such a death is the utmost assertion of their individuality. ~ Erich Fromm

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users