Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I uninstall Wind configuration on my ZTE modem?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Untilitpasses

Untilitpasses

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 29 May 2016 - 03:55 AM

First of all, thank you for taking the effort to read and reply. I'm new here, searched the forum so as not to repeat topics. I figure it's so specific chances are slim.

I'm running Windows 7.
The modem in question is ZTE ZXV10 H108L.
It's configured in such a way that it doesn't allow access to the default IP 192.168.1.1 

It instead opts for a greek ISP ip (Wind in this case.) 192.168.1.254 (It was bought in that country.)

And the settings don't allow me to set it up where I live. My country is not even visible in the drop list. (Whereas it's visible in the factory settings and even previous, less developed zte modems.) 

Should I simply get a new one or is there a way to "uninstall" the WIND settings and restore the modem to it's original, non-isp branded settings?
People root their phones and jailbreak stuff, so I figure it s doable.

I realize it's probably a very specialized topic to have skills upon, so, if nothing, at least point me to a direction you'd think is more likely to have some answers. (Although it doesn't have to be, it's enough to know if there's a way to get a clean slate out of the modem.)

I tried restoring through reset etc. Obviously it's made to withstand that.
Any help/ideas?

Thank you. I've worked in SEO in the past and have a lot of respect for forum etiquette, so I apologize in advance if I broke any.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users