Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Second Hand Laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JayPat

JayPat

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 09 August 2006 - 12:40 AM

I purchased a second hand Mac but the thing is, the person has almost everything password protected so I can't even install anything without typing the password & I don'tknow the password. Is there any way to delete the password or reset it or anything. It's Mac OS X. Also, there is only this account set up on here. Thanks in advance =]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:16 PM

I would contact the person you bought the laptop off of andd ask him/her for the password(s). If they refuse then take it back. They technically do not have to though. Just remember to not buy off of that person in the future. I am not familiar with the Mac OS but I will look for a way to get around that as long as it isnt hacking lol.
Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:46 AM

I know nothing about Mac but if you can live with a little older verison you could format (whatever Mac calls it) and reinstall an older version downloaded from the Mac website. OS 7.5 is available for download from Apple. From what I am reading rolling back to 7.x from OS X, is like going from XP to Win98.

http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Suppo...m/Older_System/
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:28 AM

If it came with a Mac OS X install disc, read this http://macs.about.com/od/osx/a/tiger_password.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users