Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible infection One System Care

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ladevaughn

ladevaughn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:13 PM

Hello, I recently bought an HP desktop running Windows 10. I loaded my back-up from an external hard drive off of my Windows Vista computer which was very buggy itself. Now I am getting pop-ups from One System Care and my sound system will stutter so bad that listening to music or watching videos is super annoying. I am wondering if it is the One System Care program running. I have looked into trying to remove it but it does not show up in my remove programs list or on CCleaner. Please help?

Edited by hamluis, 28 May 2016 - 02:52 PM.
Moved from MRL to W10 Support - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:04 PM

Download malwarebytes, install, and run a full scan.  Here is a direct link to the download.

http://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/download/fd328691238027e29c42d30ac7ee71ac/

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:50 AM

One System Care is NOT malware...it's another "optimizer/registry cleaner" and problems relating to it do not belong in anything other than the O/S support forum.

The suggestion run any program addressing malware of any sort...will not be the correct approach with "optimizers/registry cleaners."

The best course of action would be to uninstall the program.

FWIW: 

Registry cleaner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registry_cleaner Registry Cleaner, Animal - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526247/tune-up-utilities-2014-problem/?p=3303494

Louis

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:15 AM

I am wondering if it is the One System Care program running. I have looked into trying to remove it but it does not show up in my remove programs list or on CCleaner. Please help?

If you don't see it in Add/Remove programs there are other ways to get rid of it.

1) Open This PC/)OS (C:)/Program Files (x86) Look for the OneSystemCare folder. Open it and run the uninstaller.

2) Run Malwarebytes. It will be in the scan results as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program). Remove what it finds. Reboot your computer.

After uninstalling or using Malwarebytes reboot, download and install Everything Search After installation, run the program. Let it load then type onesystemcare into the search box.

If any entries are found, highlight each one, right click and choose DELETE. Prefetch files may be delete. If they do not, post back and I or someone else will tell you how to deleted those files.

I am aware that malware removal advice is not allowed outside the malware removal forums. I have chosen to leave the topic in Windows 10 forum since technically the program is not malware.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 29 May 2016 - 09:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users