Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Stutters on Startup, Hard Reset Fixes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 haekwan

haekwan

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:04 PM

Hello everyone,

So as you can tell from the title I am primarily requesting assistance regarding this PC stuttering problem that I am running into. I'll get more into that later but for now a little background might help...

For the past few weeks after I upgraded from a pirated copy of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit version (I know I know..I'm bad) to a free windows 10, I ran into 3 persistent problems...

1) Internet (Chrome) browser upon startup would ALWAYS take a while to load pages. Sometimes the browser would freeze and then unfreeze. Then it would run fine until maybe an hour later and the same

thing would happen again where when loading a new page the circling logo would go on for about a minute. Then it would load. My PC meanwhile was running fine.

2) About 70% of the time my PC would stutter upon startup where my mouse cursor would not move in a smooth continuous fashion. Instead there would be a delay and the movement would move in an

"instantaneous" teleport like manner jumping from point A to B depending on where I would direct it. Typing was largely delayed. My PC didn't exactly freeze just really delayed and slow. The only way to

fix this and get rid of the stuttering problem was to hard reset. Strangely this ALWAYS fixes the problem and my PC would not experience this stuttering until possibly the next day when I would bootup

the pc again.

3) There were 2 times when I  would also encounter a Windows 10 blue screen where it reads, "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart..." This would be preceded by any of the 2 problems mentioned        above. For both times I was unable to boot my pc to my desktop because I would meet the same blue screen. Repairing did not work for both times. But I did manage to "fix" the problem the first time                  after I chose the reset option where it wiped out apps and other things but kept my personal files. The blue screen went away and I was able to startup my PC. I still encountered the above 2 problems              though. I chose not to do anything about it, however, until I ran into the same blue screen for the second time yesterday. But this time I was unable to successfully reset my PC because during the process of                      resetting it kept running into an error. So unable to do anything about it I decided to do a clean install of windows 10 64 bit home edition via USB from Microsoft's website. I reformatted both my             SSD and my        HDD and installed the OS to the SSD. I later purchased a genuine copy of Windows 10. 

Now that I installed a clean genuine version of windows 10 I thought the problems would be no more. The first issue did, however, as I am no longer having problems with the browser freezing.

But this morning, so one day after I clean installed, upon startup I ran into the second identical issue where my PC would stutter. But hard reset and voila the issue is fixed again for the remainder of the day,

until probably come tomorrow morning when i boot up my PC. So would this be more of a hardware issue then considering I just reformatted and clean installed windows 10? 

Here are my PC Specs:

Intel Core i5 3330

MSI Z77A-G41 (Motherboard)

8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 7800

SSD

HDD

My CPU runs around 40 Celcius on idle and GPU 31 Celcius.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 24,522 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 29 May 2016 - 04:59 PM

Wait until the system has problems again, then let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports (as soon as you recover from the problems):

1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.
If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )
**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message.

My eye problems have lessened and I'm able to post/respond without too much difficulty. (05 Sep 2017)
FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.

If the eye problems come on suddenly, I may not be able to respond.
If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users