I have my friend's Toshiba Satellite Laptop that automatically decided to update to Windows 10 one day, and ever since the screen hasn't displayed anything. Not an initial Toshiba logo upon boot, Windows screen, nothing. Everything sounds like it's functioning properly inside, CPU fan, disk drive — But not getting anything to display on the screen.
After doing some research on similar issues, here are things I've tried, but not had any luck:
- Removed battery / Held power button for 30 seconds / Rebooted
- Plugged in an external monitor via VGA and HDMI cable
- Removed HDD tested it. Replaced HDD with totally different HDD
- Used bootable Windows CD and bootable USB drive
- Left running for hours to see if I could get a cursor to show up
Of course, as with fixing any PC, you only know the facts of what are right in front of you. Even though he claims it was happened after a Windows 10 update - I can't say for sure if this happened because of something totally different. Anyhow, just curious if there are some other options I could try or should I consider replacing the motherboard?
Edited by brentalous, 27 May 2016 - 02:33 PM.