Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Access App: Dadapp.exe\device\harddisk1\dr40

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 revans722

revans722

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 08 August 2006 - 11:04 PM

I have a dell inspiron 8100 running W2000. If I log on using a particular user account, I get the following message several times in a row: "There is no disk in the drive Please insert a disk into the drive Dell Access App: dadapp.exe\device\harddisk1\dr40. There are other user accounts on the same computer, but none of them give the error. This happens when I log in and when I log out of the account. Has anyone out there seen a similar problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:46 PM

If any of the other user accounts have administrator privileges and only one out of several user accounts is exhibiting this problem, something unique to that account must be corrupted or you may have something in the start menu of that account that is not in the other accounts that may be causing the problem.

Easiest workaround - create a new account to use instead of the one experiencing the problem and discontinue using the problem account.

Edited by Enthusiast, 12 August 2006 - 11:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users