Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Troubles

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Millhouser

Millhouser

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:02 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544759/please-help-plugged-in-not-charging/ - Hamluis.

turn the laptop off

remove the battery

plugin charger

start computer(without the battery)

what does it say?

Hello.   I am having the same problem.  Windows 7 64 bit.    The battery was charging just fine.    I usually leave the laptop plugged in. Last night I unplugged the laptop and worked unplugged.    I plugged it back in last night.    But now I get the message saying "plugged in, not charging."    The battery reads as 55% charged.    I've tried shut down and reboot.    I've left it shut down for about an hour and when I reboot, still at 55% and "not charging."    I tried your first two suggestions.   Removed the battery and held power button for 30 seconds.   Nothing changed.    I'm now working on AC only...    battery is removed.    Any suggestions?   Appreciate your help.

Millhouser.  

Edited by hamluis, 27 May 2016 - 07:53 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users