Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No login screen due to damaged registry. Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Adventureben

Adventureben

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:32 AM

Pc: Windows 7 64bit
So I had some problem with a serial key, and so I went to the registries and deleted the entry as suggested by the developers of the application. Unfortunately this somewhat has effected the rest of my PC very poorly.
I no longer have a login screen, only the background shows. Even with safe mode this occurs, Startup repair doesnt work. It goes in an infinite loop, with the choices to start normally or to use startup repair, but that just takes me back to the same thing.It basically comes down to this.
Somehow I must restore or fix the registry, even though I can't log in. Is there something I can boot in with a USB that will allow me to restore it? Please help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:33 AM

If you can boot into Safe Mode you can use the other Advanced Boot Options.  Select Last Known Good Configuration.  This can start the computer with a known good configuration of drivers and the registry.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users