Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java Script Errors

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:08 PM

Hello,

This "issue" is starting to become a very big Pain in the A$$!! No matter what websites I go on and No matter which Web Browser I use (Fire Fox or Google Chrome) I get Java Script Errors!

I just finished cleaning my computer of a very nasty infection that was very very difficult to get rid of. My computer has been very slow loading and slow shutting down for ever! I clear the web browser cache several times a day, clear the cookies every so often, defrag the hard drive about once a month give or take a week or two,

I don't know if all of the issues are all related or not. I have been getting these Java Script errors randomly for a while, usually right before Java needs an update. But on some websites I get it all the time and others I do not get them at all, but yet on others it happens rare enough to not be a problem so that it seems to be an isolated incident.   The Slow start up and slow shut down has been going on for ever also. sometimes it will clear up for a couple days after clearing the cache and defragging the hard drive, but then it will go right back to being slow. 

At first my computer was Sooo Slow because of having Dial up internet access. Then I got infected with a virus/malware, got that cleaned up. Then I had one problem after another with one web browser after another, first it was Internet Explorer; I had so many problems I switched to Fire Fox. I then began having problems with Fire Fox, then I switched to Google Chrome. Then I had some minor problems with Chrome, so I switched back to Fire Fox, but still use Chrome every now and then. 

Also, my web browser freezes and then it freezes my computer. No matter what Browser I am using; It always starts on Browser load up and then will continue sporadically through out my online usage! It generally happens when my: yahoo email, Outlook/MSN/Hotmail email, Aol email, and Bing search tabs are open on start up. So I usually will close one of them but that does not help! Yahoo email almost always takes the longest to load up!!  Also if I click on an news article on the yahoo home page it will sometimes freeze the web browser and freeze my computer and will also cause the Java script error message to appear!

The 3 other websites I receive the Java script error the most are: ESPN Fantasy Sports page, Fox Sports Fantasy Sports page, and Facebook.

My computer is 9 years old and needs to be replaced!! I intend to build a new computer either later this year, November/December, or early next year, January to March. Why? Because I am just recovering from back surgery, I still have a while yet for my back to be fully healed and I can begin to do any "work" either around the house or lifting any heavy objects. Also by waiting until later this year or early next year it will allow me to save up more $$$ and to increase my budget for the new computer.

So my question is: What is causing all of the Java script errors and could this be related to the computer being slow on start up and shut down or are they separate issues?

PS: I hope I posted this in the right section. If not could someone please move it or let me know. Thank you.

Edited by Groffeaston, 26 May 2016 - 09:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users