Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something i read on BC. now im curious

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:22 PM

I forget which post it was but i believe the individuals where talking about graphic cars and which ones go well with other cpus.  Im all about gaming so when i read that post i got curiuos i have a emachine with a athlon II x2 250u, my second to last card was a geforce gt 620 gc 2gb ddr3 64bit card and my current card is a geforce gtx 750.  i was wondering which card should i keep in my machine cause i didnt know to know what card should go on what machine i was like "oh cool a new card im gonna get it!"  my galaxy 620 ran decent and my current pny 750 runs decent but now with the info i read i want the best out of my nachine and games,  i already know i dont have enough ram for decent games yet ( im hopoing to upgrade up to 8 gigs one of these days) im only at 4 gigs now.  the most highest end game i have i can play with some lag is witcher 3.

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 27 May 2016 - 05:56 PM.
Duuplicate topic in 'External hardware' deleted.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 28 May 2016 - 07:11 PM

Hi Saba,

I read your post. The gtx 750 is definitely the better card over the 620 the 750 is a 128bit. It's preferred to get 256bit or even a 512bit card with as much memory as you can afford to buy. A 960ti will outperform your gtx 750 even if it was SLI. However, those 512bit cards come with a hefty price tag. What kind of motherboard do you have? What you can do as far as upgrades depends on the motherboard as it is the foundation of your system. Does it have another pcie slot for SLI (dual video cards)? Maybe you can pick up a secondary gtx750 and sli those to get by. The cpu that you have is also outdated and actually quite low in clock for a quad. That is a big bottleneck. A cpu upgrade would definitely give you  a kick. I would start there first. Something like a FX8350 8 core Black Edition. Costs around $159 bucks or so from Newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284 The idea is to find a sweet spot that neither the cpu nor the video card becomes a bottleneck. Yes definitely upgrade the memory. With video games these days I recommend 16gig Minimum. I run a game that uses 6gigs out of 8 that I have. So some of Windows operations is caching in the background off the HD. That is a heavy hitter right there I am at the mercy of my HD speeds. If you do buy memory scrap the idea of getting 8 and go 16 believe me you will thank me later. LOL

Edited by technonymous, 28 May 2016 - 07:13 PM.

#3 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:10 AM

thanks Mr. Techno but my pc specs say i can only upgrade to 8 gigs  its only a emachine and has served me well with "low end" games woith my current card running at 37 degrees constant the only issue i have with my current card and cpu is i cant play my gran turismo 3 and 4 rom and my witcher 3 lags quite abit but playable  when i just redid my pc i installed the galaxy card cause it came with a overcloak app buiidt in and i was gonna give it a whirl.  i stole a gig from my xp so now im up to 5 whole giggs (whoohoo) im one diisabilty so that and gaming really dont go in hand in hand when it comes to buying upgrades or i would have a whole new gaming machine buildt by now because is my dream is to have a machine with a Asus motherboard, and i7 quad core cpu, 16 gigs of ram and 3.0 mhz...lol and sorry i tend to rabble.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users