Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RAIDs SATAs and ATAs - 0x0000007B

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stormchain

Stormchain

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:55 AM

recently i changed motherboard. now im getting 0x0000007B bsod error. i was assuming it has something to do with the raid tabs - but cant determine which to choose.i dont recall what settings were on previous windows install. havent tried applying random changes as the promt warned of possible data corruption.

the disk with windows is on the ssd, the data on hdd (should i remove it just in case?). where should i look to determine correct option? is there even that forementioned corruption? can i just try all of them out safely?

some info about the laptop might be salvageable from this (although mb and video card is different now):

Computer Model
Precision M4600
BIOS Vendor
Dell Inc.
BIOS Version
A16
BIOS Date
12/26/2013
OS Version
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Manufacturer
Intel® Core™ i7-2820QM CPU @ 2.30GHz
Clock Speed
2.3Ghz
L2 Cache Size
Available Memory
70.34 %
Page File Size
32,680.3MB
Available Page File
98.37 %
Virtual Memory
32,680.3MB
Available Virtual Memory
85.12 %
ChannelA-DIMM0
4,096.0MB
ChannelA-DIMM1
4,096.0MB
ChannelB-DIMM0
4,096.0MB
ChannelB-DIMM1
4,096.0MB

will probably post screenshots of current bios settings a little later on, for now lets try to figure out if those simple RAID options would do. ps, saving all data would be preferable

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:07 PM

FWIW:  A change of motherboard on a laptop (OEM system) and an attempt to boot the new motherboard with the "old" hard drive...IMO, is bound to be a can of worms.

The different motherboards cannot use the same hard drive for O/S purposes...different settings, different drivers come into play.

A change of motherboard calls for a clean install, IMO...I don't think a reset to factory defaults would be of any value since the same issues would pertain.

Following was written for XP users, but the principles apply to Win 7 also:  Changing a Motherboard or Moving Hard Drive - http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/moving_xp.html .

Louis

#3 Stormchain

Stormchain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:53 AM

ugh... i kinda had a feeling but hoped for best. it's a mb meant for that exact laptop though so i figured can't be that far off. the old one went out smoking, can't do much of reversing or preparations at this point. i'll attempt to fiddle with the instructions later in the evening though.

so in the end, would the newly chosen options in bios corrupt anything or not? just to try it out. alternatively i'm thinking to install windows on an external drive and do the salvage like that... if drives are readable >,> as i recall during load it promts "no raid modules are found", although the two drives are displayed and it proceeds onto loading windows, just it freezes the icon there and bsod occurs eventually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users