Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to increase video ram of intel g33/31 express chipset family

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:08 AM

After the post of graphic card question http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615252/graphic-card-question/ conclusion gpu damaged so i'm using my intergrated system video ram intel g33/31 express chipset family 64 MB(although 4gb system ram) so if can one tell me how to increase it to 128 MB then it will greatful. My pc specs processor: Pentium ® Dual Core CPU e5700 @ 3.00ghz, hdd seagate barracuda 500gb(ATA), ram 4.00GB and windows 7 ultimate 64-bit. Thanks in advance.
To achieve something first try
to get the knowledge about it.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,401 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:14 PM

Perhaps that can be adjusted from BIOS.

#3 LiamP5

LiamP5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:07 PM

Perhaps that can be adjusted from BIOS.

No its asrock g31 motherboard and i have to set maximum DVMT mode but also it have 64 mb video ram.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#4 LiamP5

LiamP5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:10 PM

And i have not too much money to buy new graphic card. If anyone help to set its video ram to 128mb then i can run old games like pes 14, gta San Andreas mod, etc.
Be happy, always try
for it

#5 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,693 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:25 PM

With onboard video, you can only set what options are made available in the BIOS. With DVMT set to MAX on the G3/31, 384 MB should be made available dynamically as required. However from Windows Vista on, video drivers are able to allocate their own memory reserve within Windows, have you installed the Intel GMA 3100 video drivers?

Apart from the poor performance of onboard video, the inability of some older games to detect the availability of dynamically allocated RAM can make using them difficult.

You can see how much video memory is available to games running in Windows by going to a command prompt and running dxdiag. On the Display tab, it will show how much memory is available to games using DirectX.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#6 LiamP5

LiamP5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:17 AM

With onboard video, you can only set what options are made available in the BIOS. With DVMT set to MAX on the G3/31, 384 MB should be made available dynamically as required. However from Windows Vista on, video drivers are able to allocate their own memory reserve within Windows, have you installed the Intel GMA 3100 video drivers?

Yes i have downloaded the latest version from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81520/Graphics-Drivers-for-Intel-G31-Express-Chipset and it have not increase vram. According to other 2gb ram=64mb vram and 4gb ram=128mb vram but it is not happening with me. Why????

Edited by cz097rj, 27 May 2016 - 03:20 AM.

Be happy, always try
for it

#7 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,693 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:19 AM

Where do you see the lower amount reported? How much video memory is reported by dxdiag?

#8 LiamP5

LiamP5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:23 AM

total graphics memory = 256 MB dedicated system memory=64 mb and system shared memory=192 mb it was shown when i have 2gb ram also.
Be happy, always try
for it

#9 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,693 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:35 AM

According to other 2gb ram=64mb vram and 4gb ram=128mb vram but it is not happening with me. Why????

This is consistent, your total being reported with 8GB is 258MB. (2 = 64, 4 = 128, 8 = 256)

Unfortunately it's the way onboard video works with shared memory architecture. The total video memory is made up of a smaller dedicated amount that is always available and only ever used for video, and the shared memory which can be requested if needed, and if being used for other purposes, will be released to the video card.

It's been a long standing problem if a video game is unaware of dynamically allocated memory, and only sees the dedicated pool as the amount of vram. That's one reason that makes people abandon onboard in favor of a video card to run games.

#10 LiamP5

LiamP5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2016 - 09:51 AM

This is consistent, your total being reported with 8GB is 258MB. (2 = 64, 4 = 128, 8 = 256)

But i have only 64MB video memory although i have 4gb ram.
Be happy, always try
for it

#11 chalup

chalup

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:45 AM

But i have only 64MB video memory although i have 4gb ram.

Your ram has nothing to do with video memory.

#12 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 846 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:46 PM

cz097rj,

I think some clarification is in order.  The chipset allocates 64MB as "dedicated" to the video and up to a total of 384MB if the PC asks for it; but, the "old game" you are trying to play doesn't know how to ask for it so it gets told there is 64MB.  None of us have any control over that and the only fix is to buy another video card.

$15? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-ATI-Radeon-HD-3450-256MB-PCI-E-Video-Card-DMS-59-X399D-Dual-VGA-Cable-/322108005232?hash=item4aff221b70:g:A1QAAOSwVupTpikG

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#13 LiamP5

LiamP5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:36 PM

will this card can adjust in 550watts corsair vs power supply http://www.amazon.com/MSI-OC-PCI-Express-N750TI-2GD5/dp/B00I602S92 Now i'm able to buy mid level graphic card.

Edited by cz097rj, 27 May 2016 - 08:36 PM.

Be happy, always try
for it

#14 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 846 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:29 AM

Yes, that card says it needs a 450Watt power supply and you have more....

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#15 LiamP5

LiamP5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:53 AM

Then what about this card http://www.amazon.com/MSI-PCI-Express-TWIN-FROZR-II/dp/B004JLNZXU which is better gtx 750 ti or 560 ti? According to http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=883&gid2=463&compare=geforce-gtx-750-ti-vs-geforce-gtx-560-ti both seems equal but i dont believe on it so tell me which is better?

Edited by cz097rj, 28 May 2016 - 10:54 AM.

Be happy, always try
for it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users