Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is my computer is handle by another PC/server/person

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 modestdhu

modestdhu

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:36 AM

When i run command prompt on window 10of my laptop, while running command C:\windows\system32>netstat and  netstat -a, i found series of active connection with proto, local address, forgein address and time state. I have attached herewith zip file snipping the pictures of active connection.

I can't analyze these command, thus i have doubt weather my computer is hacked or run by another PC/server/person.

please clear my doubts.if this is problem regarding secrecy of my PC,  how this problem can be solved please elaborate me

I am not IT personnel, i work in my office which has center server system. I want to secure my computer from unknown PC/server/person.

with regards

Sushil

Edited by modestdhu, 26 May 2016 - 10:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:48 AM

From what I can understand, your laptop is connected by ethernet [some call it "hard-wire"] and/or wireless to a server, located in the office, that server is connected to the internet via a modem/router.  I'm not sure if your office shares connectivity with other offices.  Is your computer working ok?  Or, is there a problem that is now happening - that led you to run netstat?  If there is a sudden problem, please describe.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 modestdhu

modestdhu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:01 PM

yes my computers is connected with main server many other computer are also connected and each computer has its user name and password, as well as local shares folder are created of each department i think each computer, has separate IP as well as different IP for printer. my doubts can any one open my computer if they doesn't know my user name and password. and whats about www, htttp in cmd. I have not found any problems till now but i am afraid regardings my document can be leaked because they are tender documents, which should not be known by contractors.

Edited by modestdhu, 26 May 2016 - 12:05 PM.

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:29 PM

You have valid concerns, such are shared by many in every country.  There are many many ways and means of protecting one's sensitive documents, spreadsheets, and so on!

A major step is to have a strong long password for your Windows login, and for whatever else can use passwords -- I keep my usernames and passwords in a locked logbook, hey, I can't remember all that.

Where are your data files stored?  On a separate partition on your hard-drive in your computer, or, are they sent to and stored on the server?

Whenever you are travelling, never let your laptop out of your sight.

If you have a family, buy your kids their own computer, have it set up in a common area.

Edited by RolandJS, 26 May 2016 - 01:31 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users