Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Msi ge72. headphone jack only gives left ear output, dvd burner refuses to work

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 don wolfani

don wolfani

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:51 AM

im on an msi ge72 apache pro   

yestrerday out of the blue my dvd drive simply stopped working.  the drive wont spin up.

today i turn the thing on after ordering a new dvd drive, only to find that my speakers work, yet the headphones only play on left ear, otherwise everything is working..

this machine is less than a year old.   not even really 6 months old yet.

did i buy a crap brand?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:01 PM

Have you tried a different set of headphones or try the headphones on another computer or audio device?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 don wolfani

don wolfani
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:05 PM

Have you tried a different set of headphones or try the headphones on another computer or audio device?

yes. the first thing i did was test it on my phone.       this is a sound card issue, I have even changed drivers by manufacturer directions but still no luck

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:13 PM

If this is less than a year old you should still have a warranty.  If this is the case I would suggest that you contact MSI and see how they want to go about repairing this computer.  You should have done this before purchasing the new optical drive.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 don wolfani

don wolfani
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:02 AM

If this is less than a year old you should still have a warranty.  If this is the case I would suggest that you contact MSI and see how they want to go about repairing this computer.  You should have done this before purchasing the new optical drive.

they want me to send in the whole machine to be refurbished.  I have put private info, both  company and personal, in my harddrive, so no, sending it anywhere outside my possession is out of the question legally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users