Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where can I get extra math/computer homework, college level?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 stebbinsd

stebbinsd

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:13 AM

I'm about to return to college after a multi-year absence. I'm going to be majoring in computer science, since several articles explain that these degrees are in exponentially-increasing demand.

I think it would look really good on a resume if I could say that I made straight A's in all my COMS and MATH classes. To maximize the chances of getting those bragging rights, I'd like to spend a total 40 hours per week in the books (since that's how many hours I'll be spending at work when I graduate). Whatever hours I'm not spending in class or doing homework, I'd like to spend doing freelance studying.

But here's the problem: I've looked on google for "extra math homework," but the sites I've been able to find only give me K-12 level math worksheets.

Can somebody help me find a site where I can enter my current math or computer science classes (including college-level math), and get curriculum-appropriate math problems or COMS problems to do in my spare time? Key word, here, is "college-level."

My current build:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
Processor: AMD FX-8350
RAM: 12GB (2x2GB+8GB)
Video Card: Geforce GTX 750ti

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,522 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:14 PM

@stebbinsd

Greetings! Congratulations for returning to your collegiate studies! Yes, computer science is of great interest for many. As you are aware, it is quite intensive and demands high level of thinking and hours of dedicated study and persistence!  

Let me recommend Pearson. This company is utilized  for all levels of education, specific to augmenting learning strategies. I feel you will find a 'just right fit' for your needs! I have implemented full course level learning in the K-12 educational environment, however you'll find that Pearson has a large impact within community college and university level learning.

MyMathLab: 

http://www.pearsonmylabandmastering.com/northamerica/mymathlab/

http://www.pearsonmylabandmastering.com/northamerica/mymathlab/students/features/index.html

Engineering and computer science:

http://www.pearsonmylabandmastering.com/northamerica/

Contact support:

https://support.pearson.com/getsupport/s/contactsupport

If you do make a phone call, be prepared for a bit of a hold; they are quite busy. There is also a live chat option. 

Let me share in advance that the curriculum is self leveled to suit your specific learning levels. Their product is not 'cheap' however valuable to support success with higher education.

All the best! If Pearson does not suit your particular needs, or budget, let us know! 

softeyes

#3 stebbinsd

stebbinsd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:17 PM

From what I can tell from that website, I have to pay for this service. I'm looking for free extra homework. I can't afford to pay.

My current build:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
Processor: AMD FX-8350
RAM: 12GB (2x2GB+8GB)
Video Card: Geforce GTX 750ti

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:35 PM

You might have to contact a local community college or university math department and ask if they have any free worksheets, or, workbooks for dirt-cheap.  Be sure to describe what mathematics and what levels [graduate or post-graduate] of difficultly you are interested in. 

Edited by RolandJS, 26 May 2016 - 01:37 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#5 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,522 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:46 PM

From what I can tell from that website, I have to pay for this service. I'm looking for free extra homework. I can't afford to pay.

As I had shared, "Their product is not 'cheap' however valuable to support success with higher education." What you are looking for will be a stretch for free. I'm afraid I'm of no use to you.

Can somebody help me find a site where I can enter my current math or computer science classes (including college-level math), and get curriculum-appropriate math problems or COMS problems to do in my spare time? Key word, here, is "college-level."

I encourage you to speak with your college adviser, or your professors who can recommend additional homework. As well, free tutoring sources specific to your coursework.

Good luck!

softeyes

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,828 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:05 PM

I Googled 'free college level math courses' and this was one of the top results.

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/mathematics/

I don't know of a free site that allows you to plug in your current levels then creates a curriculum for you. Free most always comes bare bones and with DIY feature sets.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users