First of all truckie
,Welcome to the forum !!
What AV are you using?
Have you tried running you're AV in Safe Mode
Then follow these instructions:Download and scan with Ewido Anti-Spyware v4.0 in "SAFE MODE". http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
Print out the Ewido Install and Scan Instructions.http://castlecops.com/t137442-CCSP_Ewido_I...structions.html
Download and scan with Sysclean Package http://www.trendmicro.com/download/dcs.asp
also in safe mode after scanning with ewido.
1. Create a new folder on drive "C:\" ("C:\New Folder") and rename it Sysclean.
2. Place the sysclean.com inside that folder.
3. Then download the latest Virus Pattern Files (lptXXX.zip). http://www.trendmicro.com/download/dcs.asp
4. Extract the lptXXX.zip pattern file into the same folder you created for sysclean.com.
5. Close all open applications and DISABLE your current anti-virus software. Some anti-virus programs such as Avast will alert you to a virus attack when running sysclean so it's best to disable them first.
6. Open the Sysclean folder and double-click on sysclean.com to run.
7. It will take some time to complete. Be patient and let it clean whatever it finds.
8. Exit when done and re-enable your anti-virus program.
Then perform these online Virus scans:
[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.]
Trend Micro Housecall Scanhttp://housecall60.trendmicro.com/en/start_corp.asp?id=scan
a-squared Web Malware Scannerhttp://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/ax/
You also may have too many system resources running at once, causing the reboot. Go to Start --> Run --> type in "MSCONFIG" and go to the last tab called "Startup". Here, you will see a long list of programs that run without you knowing in the background, eating up your system resources. Uncheck any boxes that resemble either uneeded third party software and/or files you know you do not need (e.g. INTERNAT --> useless unless you type other than english on your PC). Once you are done, click ok and restart your PC.
You can read more about these and look them up HERE