Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sprint Galaxy Note 2 SPH-L900 (how do I reinstall Sprint PRLs & get rid of Page)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chunli-s_Thighs

Chunli-s_Thighs

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:54 PM

Sprint Galaxy Note 2 SPH-L900 (how do I reinstall Sprint PRLs & get rid of Page Plus & its Verizon PRL)

I bought a Sprint Galaxy Note 2 SPH-L900 not too long ago on Craigslist. Guy told me it worked with Sprint but he apparently flashed it to something that used Verizon PRLs (from what i've been told probably Page Plus). I recently tried to use Ringplus/Sprint with this phone but couldn't use it due to the PRL problem. When I try to make a call a robo Verizon operator pops up and I can't make calls. Of course, I can't get in contact with the guy that sold me the phone so im hoping you guys can help me get it to work with Sprint.

The MSL number has been changed to all zeros. And the dial code ##72786# shows "SCRTN" at the very top then just restarts my phone.

So I rooted the phone using this simple process. [SPH-L900] CF-Auto-Root
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1956180

Then I downloaded SuperSU. Then tried DFS to change my MSL number back to the original number. But it didn't work. I tried PRL Helper, but that too did not work. Won't let me reset the PRL. So I unrooted my phone (or so I thought) and reset the phone to factory to see if that would work, and it did not. So I reinstalled the CF-Auto-Root and now even SuperSU won't work. Im new to all this rooting stuff. THIS IS FRUSTRATING!

My phone is running stock rom.  Android version 4.4.2  Baseband version L900VPUCOH3. Build number KOT49H.L900VPUCOH3.  

PLEASE HELP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chunli-s_Thighs

Chunli-s_Thighs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 16 November 2016 - 06:55 PM

Forgot to update. I fixed this problem.

How I FIXED Ringplus PRL problem (flashing to stock rom may or may not be necessary)
I fixed the problem by rooting my Galaxy Note 2 SPH-L900 with odin here.
[SPH-L900] CF-Auto-Root
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1956180

The reverted to 4.2 Kit Kat stock rom using "ALL_SPT_L900VPUCNE2_L900SPTCNE2_1561791_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5" file.
https://www.kingoapp.com/root-tutorials/how-to-flash-samsung-stock-rom-via-odin.htm

Then I downloaded the "25xxx = residential acct - lte/800smr" PRL files from
http://xda-developers.freestat.ir/?index=forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1880781
and extracting the "25XXX_LEG" folder then using the "25016.prl" file to desktop then using CDMA Workshop 2.7 to change the prl to the 25016 prl file.

Then I used trial version of DFS 16.2.21.0 to change my HEX and DEC and esn numbers to match what was on originally on the phone (I found this out through either Ringplus or going into phone dial code). It was a little difficult to change them because DFS kept saying it was skipping the request but after a little while even though it said it didn't change anything it did change it back to the original. That allowed my phone to be read by Ringplus and I was able to get the phone activated and PRLs updated automatically.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,523 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:56 PM

Thanks for coming back and sharing your fix.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users