Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Delayed responses in Win 10

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 themaninthejar

themaninthejar

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:02 PM

So, I installed Windows 10 the first week it was offered- it was flawless & operated flawlessly since; up until a couple of days ago when i noticed the response time getting a bit longer when clicking the menu icon to the left of the search box. today- it doesn't respond at all; I camn right click & get to programs and such that way but nothing left clicking the icon (which is now white)  any thoughts ??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:44 PM

So, I installed Windows 10 the first week it was offered- it was flawless & operated flawlessly since; up until a couple of days ago when i noticed the response time getting a bit longer when clicking the menu icon to the left of the search box. today- it doesn't respond at all; I camn right click & get to programs and such that way but nothing left clicking the icon (which is now white)  any thoughts ??

Is your issue related to long delay of the Start Menu respond time?
Which icon is color white?
If Start Menu not responding to mouse clicks then execute below commands one at a time and for each command inputted press Enter key from Command Prompt that is opened as administrator.

Wsreset.exe  <-- The Windows Store may open after the cache has been cleared with the command.

bitsadmin /reset /allusers

Del  /s  /q  %tmp%\*.*

PowerShell   <--- Press Enter key and execute below PowerShell command.

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Above command tells Windows to install those default apps again. Give it some time and allow it to finish, even if nothing appears to happen at first. Even if you see an error message, restart and examine your Start Menu.

Edited by FreeBooter, 24 May 2016 - 07:45 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:14 PM

These two posts have been split off to their own topic. The basic rule is 'one problem, one topic'. It is a fact that a problem which sounds very like another can have totally different causes.

Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 25 May 2016 - 05:14 PM.

#4 themaninthejar

themaninthejar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:08 PM

thanks for the help & tips-i'm saving for future reference- but what i posted on another thread is that a system restore did the trick- btw- to back up it was non responsive would not open up at all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users