Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio glitching out over time, stuttering with video/cursor slowdown.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WolfHero

WolfHero

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:08 PM

Recently I've been having this issue where over time while I keep my laptop on, the audio playback starts to stutter as if the computer is about to blue screen.

The time between stutters lessens with time, to the point that watching youtube videos is a stutter fest.

This isn't just on youtube, practically anything that plays audio stutters including Skype and most games that I play.

In addition to the audio stutter, the video playback slows down slightly and the mouse movement becomes sluggish.

I've also had issues booting up smoothly, it always loads to the lock screen but every now and then when I try to pull it up with my mouse it lags out a bit before swiping up in three-ish frames.

In general, my computer feels a bit slower than it should be. I have a feeling it may be a driver issue, even though I've reinstalled my audio and video drivers several times. I'm hoping it's not a hardware issue, I've only had it since Christmas of last year.

My setup:

Aspire E 15 (E5-573G-52G3)

Windows 10, 64x

Intel Core i5-5200U

Nvidia GeForce 940M

8GB DDR3 L

Any further information you need? Ask away.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MajesticFailure

MajesticFailure

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:19 PM

Hi! Purely going by what you said, casts my mind back to being hacked on Windows XP. Perhaps check your task manager and see which processes are using your CPU and RAM? Mind you, l don't recall that ever telling me much when it happened to me.

Perhaps cast about for a Linux disc, boot up with it, and go into your Windows desktop through the Linux desktop, and backup your most important data, then proceed with caution, as it may not even be hackers / malware.

#3 MajesticFailure

MajesticFailure

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:30 PM

I mean, ask the experts, but in the meantime, backup your data quick

#4 WolfHero

WolfHero
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:22 PM

Hi! Purely going by what you said, casts my mind back to being hacked on Windows XP. Perhaps check your task manager and see which processes are using your CPU and RAM? Mind you, l don't recall that ever telling me much when it happened to me.

Perhaps cast about for a Linux disc, boot up with it, and go into your Windows desktop through the Linux desktop, and backup your most important data, then proceed with caution, as it may not even be hackers / malware.

Nothing is taking up a ton of ram, actually. The biggest culprit is System and Compressed Memory, which is apparently a passive service meant to make things smoother and not more rough.

My CPU/Disk usage goes up to 100% on occasion, but nothing actually shows up that's eating a ton of resources.

Edited by WolfHero, 25 May 2016 - 10:23 PM.

#5 MajesticFailure

MajesticFailure

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:49 PM

That's about the height of my knowledge, l think what l meant was, it might be more than a mere audio glitch. Because you mentioned boot issues and your mouse lagging as well, perhaps refer the matter to experts in another subforum on this site, like, one dedicated to suspected malware? I hope you get it fixed.

Edited by MajesticFailure, 25 May 2016 - 10:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users